CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 30, 2008

I found this. I thought it was a cute idea for a summer project.

Now lets get going....

(first off...Fray Check all your raw ribbon edges)

Dsc05659_2
I used 3/8" grosgrain ribbon. Cutting it at various lengths.
First Ribbon: 4 inches
Second Ribbon: 3 inches
Third Ribbon: 2 inches
Fourth Ribbon: 1 inch

Dsc05661_2
Take your smallest piece (1 inch) and cut the edges off (fray check these pieces). These will be your future Antennae

Dsc05662_2
Take your longest ribbon and loop it around so both edges meet up (see below picture)

Dsc05663_2

Dsc05664
Then glue this together. Repeat the above 3 pictures for your smaller (3 inch ribbon)

Dsc05667_2
Lay the smaller loop inside your larger loop and glue together

Dsc05672_2
Take your two inch piece and glue it onto your loops. Wrapping the edges around as seen below....

Dsc05673_2

Dsc05679_2
Place your antennae on the bug

Dsc05680_2

Dsc05681_2
Personal preference, but I like my antenna shorter, so I trim them.

Dsc05684

Dsc05691_2
Now grab your ribbon spool and glue ribbon around the edges of your clip. Hold the ribbon tight.

Dsc05695_2
measure how long you need it to wrap around to the inside and then cut the end and glue it around and down.

Dsc05703_3
Place glue on top and put your cute buggie on.

Dsc05714_3
Congrats on your cute buggie bow!

3 comments:

What's for dinner? said...

I love it! I make bows for my little girl all of the time. a bow for each outfit she has. I like finding those cute little Ideas...I'll definitely be trying that one!

Tami Farrer said...

That is so cute! I will have to try it out. Thanks for the cute idea.

Rae said...

i love it and i've never seen it anywhere.thanks for the idea and let me know what apron you decide to make. jess email me your email so i can invite you to read my blog. raemwright@gmail.com