CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thanksgiving is here.

Thanksgiving is always skipped I think! Really, is it necessary to have the Christmas music, lights and decorations up 2 months before the season? As I am older and see all the situations around me dealing with broken families, divorces and loved ones who have passed away, Thanksgiving truly is a time that I like to reflect on how grateful I am to have a whole family that has been preserved from alot of the crappy situations. I look forward to seeing the dozen or more new grand babies in the family and also to enjoy those fun foot races and arm wrestling matches that my moms side of the family always has. I am grateful for my husband who is really, really patient. guys! imagine being married to me! it would be really hard! and he is truly wonderful and loves me even when I sleep on my curly hair and wake up with mascara everywhere and a huge afro. I am grateful for the gosple and hope that it can continue to teach on humble me as I cruise through this busy time in our lives.

3 comments:

Cindy Spratling said...

so true! and thanks for posting pics of megs shower! it really was amazing!

Stefanie Stephenson said...

Awww...what a thoughtful post. But what I'm most grateful for right now is the picture you just put in my mind of you waking up rough and tough in your afro puff and racoon eyes= RARR!
Love ya kill!

Take me as I am said...

I hope you had a happy thanksgiving. It truly is the time of year to reflect on the good things in life, because you just don't know how much longer they will stay good.