CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Hiking is like a mission.

Hiking is like a mission. Hiking is voluntary, hard, has its thrills and beautiful fun points, but as one is hiking all you can think is why did I put my self through this!!!! 


Brad and I went to the Timponagos caves this weekend. We had some time to sit and soak in some of the olympics but couldn't pass up a perfect day with huge clouds everywhere. We set off to climb the side of a HUGE mountain, so in the end we could see a very sweet and rewarding cave. IM going to be honest. I was DYING. Hiking isn't my thing, I really do love to be outside and feel the ecstasy of completing such a great task but I hate the feeling of wanting to die. Kinda like the mission! looking back I have only fond memories of the mission, the memories of pain no longer exsist, so it was the same with this hike. We climbed up to 67,000+ feet for almost 2 hours, and after had a chance too tour several beautiful caverns for more than an hour. We saw some pretty great stuff. Today I can barely sit, it feels like i did lunges all day, as for Brad he kicked my butt and I think he must have part mountain goat in him. Brad hiked so fantastic, he had a blast!  

1 comments:

The Standrings said...

wow! good job! i hear ya though. i am not really a hiker either!